Recent Posts

Dear Australian media, YOU SUCK.

I'm not even going to get into the politics of the Lara Bingle-Nude Photo-Brendan Fevola-Woman's Day-Michael Clarke-Engagement-Breakup-Stolen Car- story because it's been going on for too long and it would take about 4 years to go through it all. 

What I will say though, is that the media need to LET IT GO.

Leave Lara Bingle and Michael Clarke alone. 
Leave their families alone.


This is getting to the point of being absolutely ridiculous. The Australian media disgusts me right now. Lara Bingle's mother was outside Lara's apartment building, reduced to tears because reporters and camera crews were hounding her and she couldn't get inside. This was happening about 2 weeks after the story first broke out. Why do reporters even bother? They were asking her questions like "Is the relationship off for good?" What, do they think her mother is going to turn around and say "Yes, yes it is. Lara and Michael have decided to break up indefinitely. Would you like to come inside actually and have a coffee with Lara and I so we can tell you more information that doesn't concern you or the rest of the country?" 

I don't even care what Lara Bingle has done, sure, I don't agree with her selling her story to Woman's Day magazine and there's probably a few other things she could have done differently. This doesn't change the fact that a human being (one of which whom has not committed any heinous crime) should NEVER have their privacy invaded like this. This constant bombardment and harassment has got to stop. It's sickening.

Ultimately, I would blame the media for being the majority of the reason that Bingle & Clarke's engagement broke up. It's horrible and I think it's time that we all got on with our lives so they can do the same. 

Oh and by the way. Can we all just stop freaking out about the current location of Lara's $200,000 engagement ring?!

photo from theage.com.au

8 comments:

Death Wears Diamond Jewellery said...

agree 100%.

whats funny is how the gossip mags/reporters/papparrazi act... like, they arent 'brangelina' or maddonna or freakin osama bin laden... they are pretty boring in terms of celebrities. WHO CARES!

The Snarky Narwhal said...

I think that would be awesome. If they wanted you to know they would have told you.

frockandrollonline.com said...

I COMPLETELY agree. Love her or hate her, Lara is only 22 and for goodness sake, entitled to make mistakes/live her life exactly how she pleases, just like the rest of us! I really feel for them both because you're right, this has blown up into something utterly ridiculous.

Katie said...

Not news-worthy at all!

Stacey said...

I know right? Jeez, just leave them all alone already, and let them deal with their business in peace.

. said...

Alex! I've missed your blog posts too! I don't even know what I've been doing, but obviously I haven't been blogging . I've been great! Really, really great. How about you? How is uni treating you?
And I agree with you, the Australian media is incredibly sucky. I'm sooo bored of hearing about this, aaarh.
x

Anonymous said...

What I think is so freaking annoying is that she isn't anything. She is basically famous for being famous - she's Paris Hilton without the rich father!
One little crappy line in a crappy advert and suddenly the media is chucking up a shit storm over her.

Dear god! I can't believe I even wasted this amount of bitching about her! I want these last few minutes of my life back!

Five Foot Nothing said...

I still can't believe the amount of stories that have been milked out by the couple.